Saturday, October 1, 2011

SharePoint 2010 Foundation & SQL 2008 R2 Express Reporting Services

 

Argh -

So I’ve been playing around with SharePoint 2010 Foundation lately – specifically what can be functionality can be achieved at zero cost (assuming you’ve already paid for a copy of Windows Server).  I downloaded and installed SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SQL Server2008 R2 RTM - Express with Advanced Services.  I started to get excited when the SQL express reporting services configuration wizard began asking me if i wanted to run the report server in native or SharePoint integrated mode. 

I followed the installation through and all seemed ok… I could even configure the reporting services in central admin…

Then:

image

image

 

and this little MSDN confirmed it wasn’t user error:

image

No comments:

Post a Comment